Has your family:
- Delayed or gone without dental care due to cost?
- Gone to the ER for oral health reasons?
- Had trouble finding a provider who accepts Medicaid?
Tooth decay is the most common chronic disease of children, five times more common than asthma. NH Kids Count, with its coalition, NH Dental Access Alliance, is dedicated to expanding children’s access to oral healthcare by expanding the team of dental providers in New Hampshire. So far, two out of three proposed dental providers have been approved and are being implemented in the state. To help NH Kids Count improve access to dental care for all NH children, please share your story with us, stay in touch and share vital updates with friends, family and NH legislators.
Here’s how you can help make sure all children in NH have access to quality oral healthcare:
1) Have you or a member of your family ever gone without or struggled to find dental care in NH? Share your story with NH Kids Count so we can help legislators understand how important increasing dental access is for NH families. Visit http://nhoralhealth4all.org to share your story!
2) Invite NH Kids Count to attend or speak at meetings or venues where stakeholders gather – at an upcoming board meeting, tabling at your conference, or wherever stakeholders in your community are open to learning more. When you help NH Kids Count spread the word, we reach more policy makers, businesses, advocates and community advocates who can work together to expand access for all children in NH.
NH Dental Access Alliance Coordinator
Recent News for Oral Health Access in NH
Senate Holds Off On Expanding Dental Care Union Leader, 1/31/14
Senate Votes to Study Oral Health Needs in NH Associated Press, 1/30/14
Dentists Lobby Sinks Hollis Senators New Dental Bill Nashua Telegraph, 1/30/14
Bill to Expand Role of Dental Hygienists Voted Down NHPR, 1/30/14
Senate Votes to Study Oral Health Needs Concord Monitor, 1/30/14
BIA latest group to support dental hygiene practitioner bill Nashua Telegraph, 1/28/14
NH Kids Count
2 Delta Drive
Concord, NH 03301